HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:40:02 -0400
Just to quibble with Stan (and I guess the RC a little :)

>   The truth is: the update from 60.00 to 60.01 DOES NOT REQUIRE a
>   subsystem tape UNLESS you are adding a new product.

Full and supported Apache should be on this tape, whereas it has been a
freeware and from HP's perspective, a beta product, for some time now.

Whether it qualifies as an "added product" is up for interpretation.  Does
added product mean an added "product" which enhances FOS (Apache will be free,
as is Samba) or does this mean an "added, for cost, product"?  <shrug, I guess
where this is where the quibbling can come in.

Regards,
Joe

PS: We refer to it as "PowerPatch" here - one word, two capital P's.  We really
don't care what's on the label ;-)  In actuality, we say "PP" as in "PP7".