HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:33:45 -0700
Did you receive a subsys tape with PP7?  If so, and you're using Patch/iX, you
should be able to use the "Add-on and Manage Patches" task, unless you've
otherwise been specifically instructed by the HPRC or the product install
instructions.  If you're more comfortable installing each piece separately, you
should install the subsys product(s) first ("Add-on SUBSYS Products" task),
followed by the PowerPatch ("Patch Only" task), then lay on any subsequent
reactive patches ("Patch Only").  You can also easily combine the patch steps
(Powerpatch and reactive patch installs via "Patch Only") if you wish, keeping
the subsys a separate task.

----
Lee Gunter                    The Regence Group
Supervisor, TRG HP/MPE Systems     503.375.4498
----
Opinions expressed are solely mine.