HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 3

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 17 Sep 1999 09:47:25 -0500375_us-ascii X-no-Archive:yes
This is a good solution, but the only thing I see a problem with is the
capacity settings. These settings are in the root file and since the capacity
is used in calculating the record address of master dataset records, if the
capacity is wrong, you will not be able to read the master dataset in anything
other than serial mode. [...]38_17Sep199909:47:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 12:19:43 -0500
X-no-Archive:yes
Gentle HP3000 List Members,

This weekend, I picked up a new Mickey$oft mouse at CrumbsUSA.  It is called an
IntelliMouse Explorer with IntelliEye.  What attracted me to the mouse was the
fact it did not have a ball inside, but rather an electric eye that takes 1500
scans per seconds of the work surface.

This means, there are no moving parts, no little wheels and ball to clean, and
most especially for me, no problem using it without a mouse pad, anywhere.

The manual does say it will not work well on glass and other very bizarre
surfaces.  (Kind of makes you wonder about the testing they must have gone
through.)

Not needing a mouse pad is of interest to me, especially when I travel with my
computer.  I have left behind so many mouse pads at various locations, it is
dreadful.  But no more.

I have been using the mouse for a while now on a wooden desk and it is working
flawlessly.  Better than any mouse I have ever used.  The wheel is also much
improved over the original IntelliMouse.

I am leaving on a road trip this week and I will be putting this mouse through
its paces (scans ?).  I will let you know how it works out.

The relevancy of this subject with HP3000-L is well established.  I am a user
of Reflection and QCTerm and HIBACK TX has a GUI that runs on Windows. :)

My only concern is the additional drain on the laptop battery this mouse may
occasion.  (Whoops, talk about tying multiple threads together.)

And finally it is available for the Mac users also.  It is far superior to the
congealed egg Benedict shipping with the iMac. :)

Kind regards,

Denys. . .

Denys Beauchemin
HICOMP
(800) 323-8863  (281) 288-7438         Fax: (281) 355-6879
denys at hicomp.com                             www.hicomp.com