HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 3

From:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:16:52 -0400
Has there been a change recently in the STREAM command?  I have a job which
looks something like this:

!JOB THIS.WORKS
!PROG.ALSO.WORKS
!STREAM,#
#JOB NEVER.SEEN
#BLAH.BLAH.BLAH
#EOJ
!EOJ

This job worked for years & years.  In fact, it's been so faithful that no
one kept an eye on it.  All of a sudden, we had a failure elsewhere which
led me to believe that this job was failing and sure enough.  In the $STDLIST,
I find that that !STREAM,# command fails, complaining about a non-alpha
character starting the filename.  What's up?  The same thing works in session
fine, but no go as a job.

Ted
--
Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]), Info Serv, Southern Adventist University
There exists, if I am not mistaken, an entire world which is the totality of