HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 3

From:
Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:31:53 -0400

after I wrote:

> You can replace the root file if you are careful. If you have a schema
that
> matches the data sets exactly then do the following:

Please do not deride my answers, I did specify an exactly matching schema
(because
they had the schema for the database). But thank you for the instructions to
attempt to
adjust an old schema to match the actual capacities.

IMHO, every Image utility should at least ask if you want an updated schema
created
when dynamic changes are made. I attempt to keep them as <dnname>+S0 to SZ.
This also helps to document what changes were made and when.

Mike