HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 3

From:
"Stigers, Greg [And]" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stigers, Greg [And]
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:08:03 -0400
X-no-Archive:yes
The justification that I too frequently hear is the need to restart in order
to reset values or memory allocation, due to assumed problems with either.
While most of can name platforms or particular applications that seem to
have these issues, I am not persuaded that this is an issue on the 3000. I
have ran into this problem exactly once with a very new flavor of a very new
release of a software package. This behavior was obvious when the software
reported a value that should have been four as rapidly climbing to over
sixteen thousand, then stopped when it hung the application, then caused a
system abort. To their credit, the vendor fixed that one pretty quickly...
Now if we could only go more than three months without having to replace one
of our DDS drives, we could see some up times to brag about...

Greg Stigers
http://www.cgiusa.com