HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 3

From:
"Stigers, Greg [And]" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stigers, Greg [And]
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:41:47 -0400
X-no-Archive:yes
Reflection can correctly translates MPE record separators to CR/LF. If you
look at File Transfer setup, on the Translation tab / page, the Translation
from Host group box has a check box, Record Separator = CR/LF (or something
like this, depending on the version of Reflection). I don't know if WRQ's
ftp server software will do this for you or not when sending from the ftp
client on the 3000.

Is there a compelling reason to want to use some other transfer method, such
as needing to automate this with a job stream on the 3000?

When I perform an ASCII send of a file whose FOPTIONS are
ASCII,FIXED,NOCCTL,STD, I can read it successfully on my workstation. Does
your file by any chance have CCTL? If not, can you provide more detail about
the file and about the nature of the corruption, and what you mean by the
file growing? For instance, can you look at the file from a successful
Reflection transfer and a failed ftp in a hex editor, and find the
differences?

Greg Stigers
http://www.cgiusa.com