HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 3

From:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 11:43:24 +0100
Tom Hula wrote:

> Actually, there was once a very practical reason to schedule a
> semi-regular reboot, besides it being beneficial to reload the operating
> system occasionally.  Someone may need to help me on this one.  Either
> the job numbers or the spool file numbers (can't remember which) only
> went up to some fixed value and if it then tried to assign the next
> number, system failure.  I'm getting a little foggy on this now.  This
> either happened at a shop that I was at (Series II) or we were cautioned
> about it by HP.  Can't remember which anymore.  Anyone see my pills?

That brings back a few memories. I looked in my old book and I found the
following :

:debug
?D DA31+5,3

    043433 00000 100556   - first number = session number, third number
= Job number

?MDA31+5,1      - To change session number

    043433:= 040001  -  enter the 040001

?MDA31+7,1      - To change Job number

    100556:= 100001  - enter the 100001

Don't use this unless you know exactly what you are doing as I omitted
to note which version of the operating system it works on ! I believe it
was used on V/E T-MIT delta 1 or thereabouts.

Just for grins...