HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 3

From:
Andy Seipos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andy Seipos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:59:26 -0500
Ted Ashton wrote:

> I don't think we've ever had a policy of rebooting our 3000 on any sort of
> regular basis.  The need to reboot to get things right is, I would think, an
> evidence of a problem in the OS--one which I think MPE has long since solved.
> However, we are a small shop with one little 947, and if such a problem exists,
> it is much less likely to be manifest here.

I wish that were the case here because restarting is the only way we've been
able to clear the "TCP Control pool" which every couple months approaches
the max, 2048.  Trying "netcontrol update" has not worked, and even shutting
down all networking with nscontrol and netcontrol has not worked.  Other
ideas are welcome.