HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 2

From:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 07:25:20 -0700
I live in southern california, and I'm starting to wonder.  I lived in the
disneyland area for years, and just moved to yuppie urban central in south
county last year.  I drove back through by my old house recently and many
of the bill boards and advertising is in Spanish.

There was actually an "english only" law approved by voters some 10 or so
years ago, which was going to ensure that all government forms were in
english, but somehow it dissappeared.  I think the drivers test comes in 30
or more languages now, but since all of our street and traffic signs are in
english, that has to make me a little concerned with the drivers that are
on the road.

So yes, the official language of the entire united states is english, but
you may want to support Spanglish in the near future.

Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]> on 09/08/99 07:10:32 AM

Please respond to "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>