HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 2

From:
"Simpkins, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simpkins, Terry
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 17:59:43 +0100
Joe asks:
"I'm curious as to how many people actually plan on being in on 1/1/2000.
It is a Saturday, after all."

At Lucas Control Systems (all locations world-wide), a fairly large group of
people (ISIT and users) are required by our parent company (who shall remain
nameless here) to test all devices with date sensitive functionality.  Even
though we have already tested that equipment, or have "certification letters"
from our vendors.  We are required to fax status update sheets to their HQ
on Jan 1 before 5pm local time.

Oh, the joys of working for large companies who have made a point of recruiting
their share of anal-retentive "induviduals" ;-))
Terry W. Simpkins
Director ISIT
Lucas Control Systems