HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 2

From:
Phil Anthony <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Anthony <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 14:30:54 -0500
Joe, for the new readers on the list we should explain the Zorgnak
phenomena.  This is especially true since HPWorld will be held in BSEPA next
year, and the threat of these creatures may become more real.

Gentle readers, in recent years we have seen frequent postings on this
newsgroup of *jobs* in beautiful southeast Pennsylvania.  We assume that the
positions are filled at some point in time, but weeks later the same
apparent job will be reposted.  Astute members of this list posited that
this may be the method by which humans were secured by aliens for
experimentation: they are induced into a seemingly innocent job,
brainwashed, and then transported away for god-awful experimentation.  The
job is then reposted to lure the next subject.  Thus, beware postings along
the lines of the following:

Attention Earthlings, er, Experienced Programmers

Employment Opportunity in Beautiful SE/PA

    Systems Analyst (Job #159)

1.  Must be bi-pedal carbon-based life form.
2.  Must be willing to travel great distances.
3.  Relocation a possibility, a very great possibility.
3.  Free medical coverage (extensive physical exam required).
4.  30 solar-units of vacation each year.

Even if you are not interested or qualified, please call ASAP with any
referrals.

Regards,

Zaphod
Zorgnak Career Placement