HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 2

From:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 15:23:49 -0400
Tom Brandt wrote:

>Given that the date, time, interviewer name and other identifying
>information are not given, I'll bet this interview never took place, and
>it's just a hoax.

To add credence to the hoax theory, I heard or read this story a few years
ago. At the time it was being used to show how silly the "liberal" media is.
The point was that not all people that can use a gun are murderers just as
not all women that can have sex are prostitutes. While the statement is true
the inference is not necessarily logical.

I call this type of mental process a "rushism." A rushism entails comparing
two things that have no logical connection and then coming to a logical
conclusion based on the comparison. American seem to be engaging in this
method of argument more and more. More is the pity.

These are just my opinions. They most definitely are not intended to
represent anyone else's point of view.

Joseph Rosenblatt