HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 1

From:
Curtis Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Curtis Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:52:37 -0500
Ted -

I've found that -- for some strange reason <grin> -- Larry dislikes
everything but Perl.

When I fisrt looked at Perl, I _tried_ to get it, but it was so
convoluted that I gave up.
When I found Python, I was happy -- it has everything Perl was lacking
(for me).

When REBOL came along -- doing natively what everything else had to be
told to do -- I was happiest of all.
Now I don't need to worry about the little stuff -- I pretty much "just
do it".

Curtis

PS: I'm still going to work with Python too!

>>> Ted Ashton <[log in to unmask]> 09/01/99 12:38PM >>>
Thus it was written in the epistle of Curtis Larsen,

> Carl Sassenrath (of Amiga, etc. fame) has developed a new language
> called REBOL which really bears looking at -- especially since one
of
> the 30 platforms he shooting to have it on by year's end is MPE/iX
(!)
> This messaging language has INCREDIBLE potential -- especially for
such
> low-profile topics as "e-services". <grin>  (It can be the
"messaging
> glue" for different systems, and it knows many networking types
> natively.)

You might be interested also to read Larry Wall's comments on the
language:

Ted "still ain't found a 'glue' that sticks better than Perl" Ashton
--
Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]), Info Serv, Southern Adventist
University

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail transmission
may contain confidential or legally privileged
information that is intended only for the individual
or entity named in the e-mail address. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance
upon the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail transmission in error,
please reply to the sender, so that Covance can arrange
for proper delivery, and then please delete the message
from your inbox. Thank you.