HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 1

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:43:58 -0400
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> Another bit of useless trivia about the 2626 was that it was able to produce
> 16 different
> pitches via an escape sequence, similar to the sound produced for a control
> G.  A simple program I wrote that would send one of them in response to most
> any key on the keyboard
> kept my son busy for significant periods of time while I was tending to
> weekend stuff at the office.

And on that note... ;-)

When I worked at HP's customer demonstration center in Rockville Md in the
early 80s, we had (among many other neat toys) a 2626W complete with a demo
program; it drew (a very nice rendition) of a jukebox on the screen with
line-drawing characters; complete with moving "platter". You could select
using the function keys one of 6 or 8 "tunes" which it would then play for
you using those tones. Very kewl.

    -Chris