HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 1

From:
"Stigers, Greg [And]" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stigers, Greg [And]
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 18:10:19 -0400
X-no-Archive:yes
UNIX itself may be no laughing matter, but I bought "The UNIX Haters
Handbook" precisely because I found it so funny, enough to warrant the 15.95
USD. Not all of the criticisms in it are just, but many are. And its
criticisms are at some level insightful enough to have helped me better
understand UNIX and our own beloved POSIX shell.

insert std disclaimers. I neither love nor hate UNIX. It's just another tool
for doing a job.