HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 1

From:
Götz Neumann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 19:28:23 +0200
"Schlosser, Robert (Contractor)" wrote:

> Ted
>
>         The suggestion of UDCs is a great idea, but several people have pointed
> out that these can be bypassed by programmatic execution from the EDITOR and
> other subsystems. HP sells a product called Security Monitor which among other
> things allows for the selective disabling of programmatic execution of commands
> as well a the logging of the commands. This combined with the UDCs should
> provide ample security.
>
>         Yes, Security Monitor is available for MPE / iX, we were using it on 5.0
> and 5.5.

thanks for saving me from plug #2 today :-)

The other thought that I had when I read this is that there appears to
be a need for a directory shadowing service for effective (HA?) clustering
of MPE systems.

Maybe Quest would be interested to add this to their SharePlex/NetBase
product, if CSY added some AIF:PE hooks for the 9 respective commands
(NEW/ALT/PURGE*ACCT/GROUP/USER) ?

A cheaper way of doing this maybe to distribute BULDJOB1 or a Store2disk
archive of the directory via FTP every x hours.

Goetz.