HP3000-L Archives

September 1999, Week 1

From:
Steve Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask] Mail Account
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:28:53 -0400
The 9x7 systems (same performance as 9x8 systems)  are available on the used
market and as such would probably be a lower cost solution.  However, the
9x7 system are being dropped from HP Maintenance sometime in the near future
but should run MPE/iX 6.5.  The 9x8 system provides a more supportable
solution but at higher cost.   The series 917-937 or a series 918-928 should
provide adequate performance but a larger system may provide better
performance depending on the load.

Steve Cole
Outer Banks Solutions, Inc.
www.outerbankssolutions.com