HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 5

From:
"Michael D. Hensley" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:01:13 -0700
Sigh.  Not again.

This has been circulating on every newsgroup and email list on the Internet.
It's meaningless drivel (read it closely).  Microsoft has posted a response,
and you can find more info at Kumite (http://www.kimite.com/myths) and all
the usual Urban Legens web sites.

Short, obvious answer: the instructions tell you how to change the date
DISPLAY format from 2 digit to 4 digit.  Who cares?  This has absolutely no
effect on the way Windows stores dates internally, or sorts or compares them.