HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 4

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:36:15 -0700
Gary wrote:
> We've experienced the same problem (for years!) because Message files are
> still implemented in CM.

Message files have been NM since 5.0 (or something close to that).

> The XM doesn't seem to cover them and there are many silly things
> that seem to get the pointers out of wack.

Unfortunately, as Gary says, the conversion of Message Files from CM to NM
did not include adding support for XM attachment.

What particular problems do you encounter in the "pointers out of wack"
area?  Do you get Message Files that are structurally corrupt (i.e Bad
Variable Block Structure errors) or apparent data corruption where you
seem to be missing records, etc.?

G.