HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 4

From:
Tom Renz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:15:56 -0700
THANK YOU STAN!!!!

I completely agree with you and would like to see this implemented in the future.  It sure is annoying when you are at the furthest point away from a vendor and you can still hear their pitches.  You can't hear the person your talking to.  It even harder when you are closer to the vendors with these "boom boxes" who are attempting to out do each other.

What kind of thread will this start??

Tom Renz
HPWorld '99 attendee

>>> Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]> 08/23/99 03:56PM >>>

Hi,

As an attendee at HP WORLD 99 (and many prior ones), I'd like to
make a simple proposal that would make life nicer for all vendor show
attendees *and* vendors:

   Interex should ban (audio) amplifiers from the show.

This means *all* means of amplifying sound!

The goal is to reduce the sound level and to allow people to actually
hear each other!

(As a compromise, if a booth built a soundproof room, they should be
able to have an amplifier in it, *if* you can't hear it from outside the
booth.)

Yes, you could attempt to set a decible level instead ... but that
leaves it open to measurement problems, interpretation, and other
types of debate/indecision/impreciseness/failure.   I'd recommend against
this!

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                         http://www.allegro.com/sieler/