HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 4

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:42:28 -0700
Re:
> I was given an HP 3000 and I believe is is a Classic, at least that is what
> the previous owner told me.  it is running MPE V, does anyone out there
> know about this model, and is there a y2k fix for it. Im not sure if it is
> a classic, but it has the HP-IB interface connections. is this something
> that would be worth holding on to, other than a conversation piece sitting
> in my living room.

Chances are you have a 3000/37 (slightly smaller than a desktop PC)
or a Micro 3000 (similar, or sometimes about the size of a tower PC).

No, there's no Y2K remediation for the Classic HP 3000.

Is there a product number on the back?  Do you have a boot disk?

(If the boot disk is inside the same box as the computer, then you
don't have a 3000/37 ... but I think some Micro 3000s came that way)

Whatever you do, don't dump it!

If you have other questions, the best resource is HP3000-L (aka comp.sys.hp.mpe),
but the Classic Computer mailing list might be a resource, since some of the
collectors on the list also have Classic HP 3000s (and they're more used
to interacting with fellow collectors):

To subscribe to the Classic Computer mailing list,
send a mail message

to: [log in to unmask]

with the body of the message being:
   subscribe classiccmp youraddress@yourdomain

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                         http://www.allegro.com/sieler/