HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 4

From:
Jim Killam <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Killam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 19:21:35 -0400
Richard,

Try the following

Build a large temp file to hold the output of listf
BUILD TMPFILE;REC=-80,F,1,ASCII;DISC=85000;NOCCTL
do a file equation
FILE TMPFILE,old;dev=disc
then do your LISTF  with a ,6 into the file
LISTF [log in to unmask],6;*TMPFILE
Now you can use finfo to find the eof of the file and that will tell how
many files

SETVAR FCOUNT FINFO("XX.PUB.SYS", "EOF")

the variable FCOUNT will contain the number of files that came out of your
LISTF

hope this helps

Jim