HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 4

From:
Tom Renz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:16:15 -0700
If you have MPEX after you do your listf you can check the variable "MPEXNUMSUCCEEDED" for the total count.  If you don't have MPEX you can do the same using MPE/iX commands and a file.  By using LISTF ,6 > *file, you can then use the function FINFO to get the eof of the file.  I believe when sending the LISTF results to a file an additional record is added that gives the date/time of the LISTF command so you'll have to subtract 1 or 2 from the eof to get the true amount.

Enjoy.

Tom Renz

>>> Richard Blake <[log in to unmask]> 08/27/99 09:35AM >>>

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to get a "count" of files?

If I use LISTFILE or LISTF, I can get info using ,3,6 etc. But what I
want to know is how many files that meet a certain naming criteria exist
on a given group.

Example: LISTF IL2@ will list all the files but not tell me how many
there are. There are too many to count.

Any ideas?