HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 4

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:25:51 -0400
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> I'm trying to bring our LPQ printers up to the specs that HP claims will
> make page level recovery work with the 3000, but at this point I'm stuck.
> Maybe I should say I'm confused as normal. We currently have B rev printers,
> I think I've got HP working at bringing them up to C rev. The local tech
> wasn't sure what the differences were, but said I would have to upgrade the
> memory myself. I talked to a vendor and they say they can't find any memory
> upgrades for the printer, so... does the C rev come standard with the memory
> amounts the HP announced at the SIGPRINT meeting last week? If not does
> anybody know part numbers or a vendor I can get it from?
>
> Thanks, Lane

I got the following from the HPRC:

The following items are required to upgrade C320xA and B printers to the "c"
revision:

4Mb Flash: P/N 202417-001PX
4MB Dram Simm P/N 202412-001PX
Firmware Release V353218 for PCL-II/LP+ Version V2.05F
After the memory chips are on-site, you can open a hardware call and an
engineer will install the memory and upload the firmware.

If I recall correctly, I believe each kit cost somewhere >$600...

   -Chris Bartram