HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 4

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:51:46 +0200
Greg wrote...
>In light of another recent thread, these 'ten criteria required to be called
>"open source"' are especially fascinating. Where can one learn more about
>these ten criteria?

I guess www.opensource.org will have details on the Open Source rules.

There was also a very nice article collection in WebReview a while ago,
that discussed the various flavours and examples of open source code
development (try http://webreview.com/wr/pub/freeware/origins.html)

Lars.

By the way, after reading the Shared Source License at the Interex web
site it seems to me that Samba-2, for example, could not live there due
to the redistribution restrictions. But hey, I am not a lawyer, ... and
Ally McBeal also does not seem to answer her office phone today ;-)