HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 4

From:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:54:38 -0400
Jim Alton wrote:

> Stan Sieler wrote in message ...
> >Re:
> >> Rather than close and reopen the message file, try using FCONTROL 6.  It
> >
> >I was afraid someone would suggest this.
> >
> >Let's look at the original comment:

This goes on and on.  My message file experience goes back to CM
so I may
be all wet but:

1.  Assuming process B wants to wait until there is a message in
the file.
2.  Set up the message file as unblocked so that it will be
posted
    right away.
3.  Then can't the write and reads be handled in a normal way and
    the whole thing be relatively secure from a system failure?

That's the way I programmed it in CM and if I remember correctly
it
worked without more ado.

Nick D.