HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 4

From:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:36:43 -0400
Here in Connecticut we are paying about $1000 a month for a T1. This is
offered by our local telephone company. We supposedly have a "full T1" but
not all of it is configured. We have 512 for phone and 256 for Internet. To
change that configuration to 768 for internet and 256 for phones will cost
us another $750 a month. There explanation is that we are paying for use of
the T1 from their switch out not to their switch. If I understand this
correctly we have the funnel upside down.

The moral of the story is make sure you know what is meant by a T1 line.

Joseph "tee hee hee one" Rosenblatt (with apologies to Art Bahrs)