HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 4

From:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 10:26:39 -0400
Tom,

  Your presuming the end-user manager doesn't need a show to purchase
e-services or that such a show wouldn't be based on a hardware vendor.
Perhaps your right, but an e-services oriented show would be attractive to
bring end-user managers together with e-service providers.  If HP wants to
be included, then they have to find a way to associate their image with
e-services - and a show that focused on HP hosted e-services would help do
that!

  Besides, I think IT managers should and will continue to plan an
important consulting role in the decision making process.  It may not
always be recognized, but at the current level of the technology, IT still
has an important contribution to make in successful business use of
e-services.

  However, overall I agree, as Internet services mature, a lot of change
will come to the IT landscape.

Richard G.

--
Richard Gambrell
Database Administrator and Consultant to Computing Services at