HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 4

From:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:50:51 -0400
Joe, You can keep your flame suit off.
Joe Geiser wrote:
>Why is it when someone does something to BENEFIT this group,
>that some naysayers and whiners come out en-masse?  Of course, I'll be the
>first to admint that MPE folks have been screwed, blued and tatooed so many
>times that we are a cynical bunch... and I can understand that... well,
>sometimes, one has to put some faith in someone.

You are correct that many of us have a hard time believing that anyone is
out to benefit us.
As to having faith in someone that's a different matter. You did not have
faith in 3KWORLD, you
had knowledge of who and what 3KWORLD.COM We did not.

As the warden (in Cool Hand Luke) said, "What we have here is a failure to
communicate." Coming on the heels of the Abtech scandal, the Interex putsch
and the continued ambivalence of HP, people expected the worst.
Unfortunately 3KWORLD.COM did nothing to assuage those fears. While this may
be, IMHO, a public relations error it does not imply anything insidious.

I had my doubts until I read your communiqués on this subject. As far as I
know you are the only person posting on this thread that has firsthand
information. Thank you for sharing it with us. We can now begin to have an
informed opinion.