HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 3

From:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lane Rollins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:38:23 -0700
I'm going to give it a go even thought it may not work... it can't be any
worse than what we have now. Called our friends at HP response center, tried
hardware support they transferred me to installations. They wanted to charge
me for the upgrade, but put finally put in a service call. Got a call from
the local tech, he told me that we would have to buy the additional DRAM and
Flash RAM. That doesn't really seem right, we purchased the printer because
HP said it was the replacement for our existing printer and the printer
hasn't worked correctly yet. The other little problem is the tech couldn't
tell me how to tell which rev of the printer I have, he was just going to
order the latest rev of the firmware. Can anybody tell me how to tell the
difference between the revs? Since there are many versions of the JetDirect
box does the version of it make a difference? Who can I order the additional
DRAM/FLASH RAM from? Or is there a way to make HP purchase it for me? ACK!

Thanks, Lane