HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 3

From:
Mark Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:58:48 +0100
Hi list,

Following on from reading the "HP3000 open source" article on the interex
website I found my way to the following page (even though in the FAQ
information, checking out the source code is done with CVS whatever that is..)
which is used to "sign up" so you can get a copy of the sources.

http://www.interex.org/tech/3000/cvsform.html

<rant>

I see that the vast majority of the form is devoted to collecting demographic
information. IMHO, this is a bit "off". I know it's optional but why is it there
in the first place. I get really fed up with this kind of thing. Every other
page seems to be trying to get me to give details of who I am, what I use,
where, how and when. IMHO it is totally un-necessary and very off-putting
particularly on that page.

</rant>

Mark Wilkinson.
SPE.