HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 2

From:
TRACY PIERCE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 08:35:22 -0400
Before Larry's lynch mob gets really well organized, you could try...
Telnet to your ISP, run Sendmail, use your old address in the headers,
and do the normal routine:  email to [log in to unmask], subject
unimportant, contents=UNSUBSCRIBE.  (Just like a professional spammer!)
Sorry for the lack of detail here; I was/am actually in the dark on this,
but I've done it by following instructions I located somewhere in the
tree at http://www.hooked.net/index.html, my ISP.  You might have to look
around; you might be able to do this with Pine, you can probably do it
with sendmail on the hp3000 if you're so fortunate.  Good luck.

I guess everybody's so a)excited about HPWorld next week or b)busy
flaming about Interex(.COM) that there's little room for serious
discussion.

K Tracy Pierce
"Systems Programmer" actually "legacy firefighter"
Golden Gate Bridge Highway & Transportation District
San Francisco, CA  94129-0601