HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 2

From:
Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:16:25 -0400
At 22:02 8/9/99 -0400, Wirt writ wrote:
<snip>
>Interex is not that now, and it hasn't been for some time that. And it
>certainly doesn't want to be that in the future. Interex is a corporation
>whose first duty is to promote its own survival and to maximize its profits
>and salaries of the owners (whoever they may be). Appointing appropriately
>conducive directors is the first step in the last act of Interex ridding
>itself of the users.

This point was driven home by a casual remark made to me by a salaried
manager at Interex during one of the shows.  He said that they were
somewhat disappointed with attendance that year, because how well the
conference does is a major factor in how well the corporation (sic) does.

That remark disabused me of the notion that Interex mounted the show for
the benefit of its members.

Tom Brandt                            Northtech Systems, Inc.
+1 734-769-5040                     313 N. First Street
+1 734-769-5498 (FAX)            Ann Arbor, MI 48103