HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 2

From:
"Michael P. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael P. Smith
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 13:28:38 -0500
<soapbox>
Once again a virus alert has shown up in the list.  Personally I wish people
would stop with the "oh my God another virus is out" messages.  It is true
that these yahoos that like to write viruses are out there and more prolific
than ever.  But until someone writes a virus that you get without either
dangerous.  It's like being told that if you point a .38 at your head and
pull the trigger you'll get shot and probably die.  Then being told the same
about a 9mm, then a .45, ad nauseum.
</soapbox>

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth.  I have a couple of relatives that use to
flood me with virus alerts.  It just pains me to see them showing up in the
MPE list when they have nothing to do with MPE.

Okay...I'm putting on my asbestos underwear.  Flame away.

| Michael P. Smith                                              |
| Sr. Systems Programmer                                        |
| The Hertz Corporation    [log in to unmask] (work)          |
| Oklahoma City, OK                                             |
The thoughts, views and expressions contained in this message are those
of Michael P. Smith, and do not necessarily reflect those of the Hertz
Corporation.  To reply via email, remove the .xx from email address.