HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 2

From:
Andreas Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 13:36:46 +0200
Folks,

HPInstantInfo and Samba/iX will work fine together!

Getting not only the MPE/iX 6.0 InstantInfo but also the MPE/iX 5.5 InstantInfo
CD I copied the book directories and the PCINSTAL directory onto a Samba share
on our HP3000 test box, edited the INSTINFO.INI file on my PC accordingly, and
"bingo" the PC S/W can be installed out of this repository by everyone, and all
MPE/iX documents can be loaded by all people interested in having mapped the
right drive and having edited the .INI file according to their mapped HPInstant
Drive Letter.
On an HP-UX box we have the same setup for the HP-UX 10.20 and HP-UX 11.0
documentation, and as I'm working on both platforms I have now a full
INSTINFO.INI containing the information were all these books reside (basically
on two different N/W drives).

If someone is interested in please let me know.

Best regards, Andreas Schmidt, CSC, Germany