HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 2

From:
Götz Neumann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:39:54 +0200
Chris Enderle wrote:

> I have a 959 with 4 processors and I noticed with Glance that I was only getting
> 75% utilization.  I checked with Lund and I discovered that the #4 processor was
> being utilized 100% doing ICS/OH (according to online manual this is Interupt
> Control Stack acitivity).  Has anyone seen this before?  Any way I can determine
> which process or acitivity is causing this?  I have a call into the response
> center and I am waiting for their call back but I thought I would throw it out
> to the List  as well.

I hope a solution has been found by now, I am a bit late in catching up here.

A consistent 100% ICS load of one CPU would point to some severe problem,
probably a broken peripheral card (SCSI, network ?), or something
'storming'
the LAN on your system with network packets, which keeps the interrupt handler
busy. If it stems from the network then repeated LINKCONTROl STATUS commands
- analysing the counters - may give clues.

Goetz.