HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 2

From:
"F. Alfredo Rego" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
F. Alfredo Rego
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 21:37:29 -0600
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Donna Garverick wrote:
> >
> > Tony Furnivall wrote:
>
> > > 2.  We are frequently going to be the target of charges and
> > > challenges such as those from Ted (and others). To these charges
> > > and challenges we will generally not choose to respond. We
> > > consider No Comment to be anything but a non-comment, and as a
> > > result prefer to operate quietly and as far behind the
> > > scenes as our personal tastes for anonymity allow.
> >
> > strange how i'm not surprised....
>
>Anybody else seen "The Star Chamber" with Michael Douglas?
>
>Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>

I have not seen it and Jeff's question made me curious.  Fortunately,
a quick web search found this on
http://eonline.com/Facts/Movies/0,60,16200,00.html

A judge frustrated by the lenient legal system joins a secret group
of judges who have set up their own court which operates outside the
scope of the law. When "verdicts" are reached on two men who are
later discovered to be innocent, serious ethical questions arise in
this taut and interesting thriller.

Isn't it amazing, what you can find via The Internet within a few
seconds?  (After a friend points you in the right direction, of
course.)

  _______________
|            r  |  Alfredo                     mailto:[log in to unmask]
|          e    |                                  http://www.adager.com
|        g      |  F. Alfredo Rego                       +1 208 726-9100
|      a        |  Manager, R & D Labs               Fax +1 208 726-2822
|    d          |  Adager Corporation
|  A            |  Sun Valley, Idaho 83353-3000                   U.S.A.