HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 2

From:
"Newman, Kevin:" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Newman, Kevin:
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 10:22:27 -0400
The first thing that comes to mind is network/router cache with the old
address in it.  I don't know if the Netcontrol UPDATE will broadcast the
new address information, but I'm pretty sure that starting the network
does.  Either that, or the cache on the HP might have been holding some
entries that screwed things up.  I can't tell you how many times that I
have made a simple change and found out that it didn't work......only to
have it running just fine after the cache dropped the old value and
picked up the new value.  Many times this happened while my nose was in
a manual, trying to figure out where I went wrong.

Kevin