HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 2

From:
"Joe Brand Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe Brand Inc.
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 15:15:25 -0500
When trying to login using WRQ Reflections to our 937LX w/MPEix 5.5, the
HP50759B modem answers ok but I get no ':' prompt.  The cursor just sits
there in the upper-left corner of the reflections terminal screen and laughs
at my feeble presses of the 'enter' key.  We have tried setting the jumpers
on the modem to the defaults.  (The modem worked fine with our old MicroGX
with these settings: 1D 2D 3D 4U 5U 6D 7D 8D 9D 10U 11U 12D 13U 14U 15U
16U).  in CM> mode we tried Unlocking Remote , tried all settings available
with the CA command-- Bell, CCITT-High-Low, CCITT_BIS-High-Low, etc.  but
still no luck.  Showdev at the console shows device 21 as available.    We
have also tried monkeying with the speed and other settings in Reflections
and with two different remote modems.  What has this operator missed?

Michael Hetland
Joe Brand Inc.
5300 San Dario Street
Laredo, Texas 78041

p.s.  Thanks to all who replied to my request for POS and connectivity
resources.   I am still tracking down all those leads.