HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 1

From:
Gary Nolan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Nolan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 09:01:25 -0300
Hi Curt,
This is weird but I was asked if we could  do the same thing about 6 months
ago. This is what I did.

1) Printed from word file to disk file (.prn)
2) transferred file to HP3000
3) used print utility in samba
     /SAMBA/PUB/lib/rawlp /NOLAN/PUB/pcfiles/sht1234.prn LP13

I cannot remember offhand were I got the info for this, but I did find it in
a manual somewhere in SAMBA documentation I think.
I our case we were think about an image data base holding the posix name of
the document to be printed. The documents were to be maintenance
instructions for a plant maintenance system. The whole idea is a work in
progress, bust at least the printing portion would work.

Hope this helps you.

Gary Nolan
Sydney Steel Corporation