HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 1

From:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 09:42:19 +0200
David Debus wrote :

> Hi All;
>
> I have seven 3352a 4gig  SE ? height Seagate disc drives that need to be
> installed in a 980. It appears that the firmware
> on the SCSI CIO card is not up to the latest and greatest. I am looking
for
> such a card with firmware chips that come under
> the product numbers of:  27147-61005   &   27147-61006.  I am told that
this
> latest firmware will handle these new ? height
> drives. Any input is greatly welcomed.
>
> Thanks

I remember being confronted to the same problem a few years back. The
official HP position at that time was that, since SCSI support, including
boot, on the 950/955/960/980 boxes was not part of the originally planned
functionnality set, it was an enhancement that had to be paid for. And
(quoting from my own memory), I remember the price tag for this enhanced
firmware was relatively high.

In fact, there were even two boards to be upgraded : PDC to at least 3.56
and IODC (the one that had to be paid for) to at least 7.0.

Thanks to Gerard Peroux, at the HP France Support Center, for helping my
failing memory about the IODC version.

Hope this helps ...

Christian Lheureux
Head of Systems and Networks Department
APPIC R.H.
An HPConnect Systems Integrator
An HP3000 Expert

That being said, I seriously doubt that you can find a new board these days