HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 1

From:
Tony Furnivall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Furnivall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 19:40:27 -0500
At 10:23 AM 8/2/99 -0700, Donna offered what looks suspiciously like some
enhancement requests to be discussed at HPWorld:
>> 1) CONSOLE output to multiple destinations
>>
>>    :CONSOLE  [ldevlist]
>>

>> 3) system log output to multiple destinations, or at least one extra:
>>
>>    If LOGMSG.PUB.SYS exists, and is a message file, then the
>>    system will open it at SWITCHLOG time (if it wasn't already
>>    open) and write (in non-blocking mode) a copy of every log
>>    record to it.

How about combining the two of these into a single request, with a similar
suggestred solution?

If LOGMSG.PUB.SYS etc..... (or CONMSG.PUB.SYS with similar requiremnts).....

write the appropriate things to each file (before - presumably) writing
them to the original destination.

This would give any one interested the opportunity to create filtering,
routing mechanisms, enhanced :RECALL etc.

I like both of these ideas (and the merged version ;-)

Tony