HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 1

From:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 17:06:09 -0700
Patrick Santucci wrote:

> I've always hated how counter-intuitive this process is.

you're not the only one...

> There oughta be an easier way than drilling down through 8 screens. If
> anyone else knows one, please let me know!

sure there is:
once you get to where you've pushed the unguided config button...  jump up
to the command line and type:
@netxport.ni.lan1.protocol.ip

it'll take you straight to the ip configuration screen.  (of course, 'lan1'
may need to be changed to match how you've named your lan locally....)  the
'@' is important, btw....

hth             - d

--
Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer