HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 1

From:
David Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 15:12:41 -0700
Hi David,

The problem with the CREATE option is that you will loose: Your security
(group,account etc),
Your UDCs, Your user setup.......

You could use BULDACCT, but your system is already gone (by the sound of
your question).

The CREATE function will build those groups and accounts and create the
users, but with DEFAULT capabilities.

If you have a really old tape with the directory on it (Maybe a year end or
something) you could restore a single file (I don't know if this works if
the file isn't found) with the directory option. This would at least give
you a starting point. Of course any changes since the tape was cut will be
lost.

Personally, I would let whoever the mental giant who did this rebuild the
information.

Hope things get better.

Dave Gale