HP3000-L Archives

August 1999, Week 1

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 14:27:53 -0700
Bryan Greenberg wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> Has anyone experimented with implementing a Radius server based
> security solution on the 3K?  I am considering implementing Radius to
> manage users/passwords on some of our equipment and was wondering if we
> could do it with the 3K's too.
>
> Have any of the amazing software porting experts look at Radius yet?
> (Mark???)

I think somebody else has asked me this once upon a time.  It's not something
that I've ever had a personal need to investigate.

Radius *server* source code is available at:

ftp://ftp.livingston.com/pub/le/radius/

It needs xDBM for its database (there may be binaries on jazz).  You'll also
need Syslog/iX.

- Mark B.