HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 5

From:
"Slover, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Slover, Martin
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:29:48 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Hammond [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 1999 3:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Memory failure?

I am running a 987 with 1152 mb of memory.

Last night, at about 4 am, with no one logged on, the 987 shutdown. (I don't
remember the error condition.) When we attempted to restart, the restart
would stop at FLT 707C, which I have been told is a memory issue.

---------------------------

I know this was from a couple of weeks back and at the time Steve wrote his
tale we had just started getting similar problems. Well, this week I am the
lucky stiff that gets to baby-sit our systems during the 3rd shift (oh pity
poor me). Anyway, after a couple of nights of no problems I finally run into
them tonight. From our system console I received the following errors...

1458 From Subsys 102
Secondary Status: Info = -37, Subsys = 107
System Halt 7

along with the following FLT numbers...

B907 02B2 0105

I was in the middle of a backup (about 70% done) and running an extreme
amount of nightly processing. The indication from glance was that memory and
disc utilization was very low. At the moment I am writing a dump tape and I
don't have the system specs at hand. Anyone have any clues as to the
specifics on the FLT numbers or the other error messages?

Thanks in advance.

Max Slover
Computer Operator
Maritz Marketing Research Inc