HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 4

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 16:42:00 EDT
A new version of QCTerm (Version .80, July 25, 1999) is now available for
downloading at:

     http://aics-research.com/qcterm

If you've been curious why there's been such a gap in time in creating new
versions, it is because enough of you have pointed out small problems -- that
were, in fact, symptomatic of a larger philosophical problem -- that we have
basically redesigned QCTerm from the ground up and rewrote a significant
portion of its code.

That was a major effort.

However, this version should be much closer to a fully operational status
than have been all previous versions. This version now has programs that fail
on a standard HP 700/92 terminal (or Reflection) failing in QCTerm in exactly
the same manner. That's actually a fairly profound measure that we now have
things right.

If you have already downloaded and installed QCTerm, just download the new
version and unzip it. That's all that needs be done. At that point, you're
fully upgraded.

If this is your first download, please follow the instructions on the web
page referenced above.

For those of you who have been asking if the version they have is stable
enough to give out to a large number of people, download this version and
wait a couple of weeks. If we don't post anything to the list saying
otherwise in that time, this version is probably good enough to start giving
out to a large cross-section of users.

Wirt Atmar