HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 4

From:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:53:07 -0700
Hi Jim :)
   Well, since Oregon just implemented an Overlay methodology for its new Area
code and we have started our 6 month countdown until 10 digit dialing becomes
mandatory..... I guess we have an opinion ... at least I do :) but then I always
do! hehehe

   10 digit dialing is troublesome... but not bad...and you get used to it...
(at least the "Better-Half" who moved from New York last fall was used to it...
she had to dial all 10 digits for years there...)

    I find the reassignment of an Area Code or the changing of it to be much
more of a pain as you have to go in and change all the entries in your
databases... and if you are the business in the area code that is changing...
well... new letterhead, new cards new everything!!!

So... I would vote for the 10 digit dialing as I did here :)  'cause it is less
painful and expensive... :)

Art "Remembering having to change 250,000+ numbers hehe" Bahrs