HP3000-L Archives

July 1999, Week 4

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:52:43 EDT
Jim writes:

> I've searched the archives and found the info on configuring the
>  HP3000 to print to a networked printer.  But I didn't find any
>  info on how to configure the printer to be printed to.  The
>  printer documentation (printed) is very sparse.  There are some
>  CD's with printer.  Is the info there?  What I am looking for
>  is info on how to assign the IP address, printer name, etc. to
>  the printer itself.

Jim,

Goto the EIO JetDirect Config menu and press the Item key.

Change the value of the CFG NETWORK to yes using the value key. Press select.

Work your way through the menu using the item key until you get to GFG
TCP/IP. Change the value to yes using the value key. Press select.

Leave BOOTP set to no. Press the item key.

Use the value key to set in the first octet of the IP address you want the
printer to have and press the select key.

Repeat the process for each of the remaining three IP octets.

Press the item key to get through the remainder of the options. You can leave
them as they are.

Congratulations. You are now a steely-eyed network printer man.

Wirt Atmar